Monday, February 16, 2009

This and that

It's now lunch time. I made 3 pieces of french toast this morning so am not going out for lunch. I may have Maggi later, been a long time since I had one. Almost every morning I will buy teh tarik from the shop below. I find food is getting more expensive, kalau sedap sangat tu tak pa juga. Tonight I will make ayam masak lemak cili api. My maid normally cooks for the kiddies only and I will make the main dish for dinner. I like cooking, provided that I don't have to do the dishes. My hubby doesn't like eating out sebab lunch dah makan kat luar. He's not fussy, asal ada something pedas macam sambal tumis dah cukup.

When I was doing my A levels, once I went to Cardiff. Shana, if you're reading this, I know a few of the R*C boys that you once mentioned in your blog. I liked them, coz they were very gentlemanly. I was staying in a hostel so I didn't know how to cook at all. I wanted to help, so Ra*in asked me to kopek bawang putih and I ended up kopek a few labu..Syish..I have come a long way.

Nowadays I find myself myself just skimming the newspaper. Malas nak baca. Tak habis2 dengan politik and power struggle. We are facing a very bad economic downturn and the politicians are busy fighting. The only newspaper that I read cover to cover is Mingguan Malaysia, especially Panca Indera..he..he..maybe I'm becoming shallow, but at least it doesn't leave me with a headache!

Some of my male friends are making so much fuss about that female YB with naked photos of her being circulated around. Personally, I don't think she's done anything immoral, she's single and it's not against her religion. BUT...her weakness is that she got caught. I think it must have been done by someone once close to her. I mean, the photos shouldn't have got out, if she can't manage that someone, how is she supposed to manage her constituent...

Right now, telinga I ada rasa panas sikit. People in the office talk very loudly about politics. Sigh...I'd better keep my mouth shut or I will lose some friends. I am the minority here.

4 comments:

  1. Hi BB,

    I'm stuffing my face with nasi goreng campur leftover of an ikan masin dish I made 2 days ago. I never like to cook for myself when I'm alone in the house. Well...I never like to cook. Full stop.

    I haven't been the Msian papers (online) much lately. Not really interested in the Malaysian politics - pretty shallow and uninteresting. Wish politicians were busy fighting for rakyat rights and well-being, rather than their own interests. Bila lah politicians kita akan sama minda dia dgn politician in Britain. From their remarks in the Parliaments sessions, they definitely have a looooong way to improve themselves, before they can improve the nation.

    Don't know the story abt the naked YB. Just received an email yesterday from a friend with the controversial pics of Azizah Mahzan! Terror gak artis Malaysia ni...sama taraf dgn Hollywood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Busybody,
    Politics will always be so colorful and it has never been as colorful as the last 11 months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BB,

    You went to to Cardiff when I was there? Alahai...how come we never met, ya? Were you visiting Fa*ri* and Am* that time? Or was there a guy whom you had a soft-spot for staying in Cardiff then? Hmmmm, if so, I wonder who? Hehehe...I guess masa tu you were in Upper Sixth at one of the public schools. Sedia maklum, Cardiff was the second Malaysia Hall for Public Schoolers every time cuti :)

    Yes, Ra*in memang terrer and rajin masak. Being a gentleman that he was/is, I'm sure he didn't make any comments on your labus of bawang puteh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MTT,

    Azizah Mahzan is only 45 apparently. I like her as an actress coz she's so versatile, as org kampung boleh and datin pun boleh. But I don't like her mat salleh accent nowadays..

    Bella,

    Latest news I heard is that the YB's x boyfren is a malay guy!!

    Shana,

    We never met coz I didn't stay wth your housemates..though I met Fa**z there. I was quite naughty masa tu, I actually stayed at the guys (only a few days)..those guys are hubby's friends actually.

    ReplyDelete