Thursday, February 19, 2009

Of dreams, doa and hope

I went to bed early at 10 with a heavy heart and head. Didn't even finish TV3 Keliwon coz it's a bit boring this week. As I'm writing this, a dear friend of mine, S is undergoing surgery due to the dreaded big C. She was in high spirits yesterday and that's good. She's the third in my batch who's got it. The other two are doing fine now, so I hope and doa that S will as well. Doa is a really powerful thing.

I woke up at 5 am this morning. I dreamt of my late mother, in our kampung house. I didn't read Yasin for her last night. Every now and then, I do dream of my late parents and brother. I was told that the departed souls can also doa for us. My late brother passed away in Jan last year, followed by his wife 8 months later, in the month of Ramadhan. She had succumbed to cancer. They went for Hajj end 2007, everyone thought that my brother would be the one taking care of her. Holy Mekah is indeed a land of miracles, my brother had a heart attack there and my SIL was the one who took care of him. Alhamdulillah they both completed the Hajj. It's probable that after my brother's passing, my SIL lost her pillar of strength as her health deteriorated after that. I think theirs was true love indeed, always together forever. They were laid next to each other. They left behind 4 children.

All that is left is just memories. When they were courting, my cousin and I were the chaperones lah. Went mandi laut at Batu Feringghi, makan celur2 (steamboat) at Padang Brown. There can eat ABC with a big scoop of ice cream. I have yet to find nice ABC like before, or maybe cause it was hard to come by in the old days that made it so sedap.

Today I want to make some onion buns to bring for AQ1 tomorrow. It's her sports day. I'll tell you all about it next week. I'm in a better mood to cook because I heard a good news regarding first formers in the school. They now finish their prep at 10, lights off at 10.30pm and on again at 6 am. AQ1 was talking about quitting school coz she could not stand the late night (11.30) and waking up at ungodly hours such as 4.30!! I could sympathise with her coz I would cry too if I had to wake up at that time. Actually, on weekdays, I'm worse than my kids, I wake up after them. When AQ1 was in Std 1, she actually woke me up every morning!

Have a good weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. My dear BB, Al Fatihah to your family members. My prayers and hope that they are among the blessed ones over there. Its great to have dreams of your loved ones kan...Thanks for your posting, it reminds to baca Yassin for Arwah Apak...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear BB,

    I sebak baca your posting ni...

    Al-Fatihah to Arwahs. Semoga dikumpulkan bersama mereka yang berimaan. Insya Allah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eh! dah ada blog dah..baru akak perasan weiii...macamana akak boleh tertinggal LRT ni...

    Baca memory you ni sedih laa...akak pun dah tak da mak..anak pun dah pergi dulu..semua ni buat kita sedih jer..akak selalu mimpi mak bila akak sakit jer,,tak tau kenapa..tapi anak akak tak pernah pulak akak mimpi..orang kata dia gembira disana agak nya...mudah mudahan macam tu laa.

    Ye..lepas sembahyang ,sedekah kan Alfatihah dah lebih mencukupi dik..banyak kan bersedekah atas nama mereka..insyaallah dapat la bahagian mereka..bila kita mati nanti ada 3 perkara yang boleh menolong kita..amal jariah yang kita laku kan,ilmu yang di manafaat kan dan doa anak anak yang soleh...

    Lepas ni akak kena link kan blog u ni kat blog akak....

    ReplyDelete