Thursday, January 1, 2009

16 things about me

First of all, this is my very first entry. I wish everyone to have a blessed New Year 1430 Hijrah and 2009.



I have been tagged by Wanshana, so here goes:



16 things about me:



1. I was born in Penang and spent only 12 first full years of my life there, then went to secondary school in Seremban and since then, have only been back for short trips. I always feel so happy to be back and meet my relatives there, back to my roots.


2. I had 4 elders brothers and 1 sister (who died before I was born). Last year, around this time my 3rd brother passed away after coming back from Hajj, it was a very sad time for me. My father passed away 3 weeks before I graduated in 1990 and my mother passed away in 2006.


3. I am in the accounting industry, a career that is supposed to fit my personality. I am a melancholic-phlegmatic, meticulous and a person with few words. I like dealing with numbers, but not very good with people. But I've learnt to open up and be more friendly. People used to think that I'm snobbish, though I have nothing to snob about! I am actually very shy.


4. I love to read. I read all sorts of books, amongst my favourites are Agatha Christie, Jeffrey Archer, Sophie Kinsella, John Grisham, Dan Brown, Mitch Albom and Alexander McCall Smith. When I was a teenager I loves Mills & Boon and that Flowers in the Attic series but I don't like romance novels anymore


5. I am married and have 2 boys and 2 girls (selang bunga, starting with a girl). How did I manage that? Rezeki and a bit of a planning..My eldest is daughter is going to Form 1, followed by my Std 5 son, Std 3 daughters and my 6 year old son.


6. I have known my husband more than half my life, since I was 19 years old. He's only 6 days older than me.


7. I love to cook and bake. But I'm not one of those who can whip out something at a short notice. I need to be ready to cook. I've recently learnt to bake cakes and buns, since my hubby bought me an oven.


8. I love to watch family dramas and mysteries (like CSI). I like action movies like the Bourne series and the Bond movies (ONLY with Daniel Craig). Harry Potter and the Narnia series are ok too but I never get the Matrix! Ermm..I love cartoons (I've forgotten the right word!) such as Madagascar and Shrek, but my fav is still The Incredibles.


9. Why did I choose the name Busybody? Because I felt like a busybody reading people's blogs!! But I don't think I am really.

10. I like to pamper myself occasionally, going for massage and facials. I tell myself that I earned it especially after a really stressful time at work!

11. Sometimes I get stressed out at home too, especially when the kids fight..sigh..but lately been feeling a bit melancholic cause my eldest is going to Form 1, in my old school. Children grow up real fast, I still remember her as a colicky baby, crying non stop from Maghrib till midnite for 2 solid months!! I am growing old..

12. I am a worrier, what to do, Allah makes me that way. I worry when we go to the beach (when the kids go too far away), I worry when we go mandi sungai (takut batu2).

13. My favourite singer is Celine Dione and I like Siti Nurhaliza too..though I have never bought any CDs!

14. I feel so lucky to have been born in Malaysia.

15. I don't like computer games, or playstation. Sometimes just seeing my kids play PS2 makes me pening already.

16. I learnt how to cook after I got married, when I stayed with my Sister In Law for 2 months. Masa student dulu, I only knew how to make sambal sardine, ayam goreng, ayam masak merah and nasi goreng. But I have improved a lot.

Phew..jenuh juga ya nak fikir 16 things about me!

9 comments:

  1. Salam My dear..

    Semacam ada persamaan antara kita...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! At last you dah ada blog....congratulation..
    kalau stress ke atau apa apa...let your fingers knocking this keyboard...express yr feeling here...hahahha

    Anak dah besar..akak ni pun sama laa..tapi akak masih memandang semua anak anak akak macam baby lagi...walau pun pada akak bujang akak
    yang dah 25 tahun ni....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Busybody...Finally a blog from you too!hehehe....

    I'm a fan of Daniel Craig, an avid book reader (historical romance) too...so...blog on dearie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry,

    Saw your blog, with Preggo, difficult to go wrong kan..

    K.Ezza,

    Someone said to me, once we become a mother, we'll never stop worrying for our children kan..

    Bella,

    Oh..you already have a blog! So I'm the last lah! Better late than never

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kak Jaaaaah!!!! Congrats on the birth of your 5th baby?! hehe So if you miss your eldest, boleh lah mencurah perasaan kat sini, kan? Is she in the Blue House too like her mom?

    Ok, Happy New Year, Madame Busybody! Look forward to reading more entries from you! We all pun sama jugak busybody!!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jah,

    Thank you for doing the tag, dear. I hope you had fun doing it :) It was a good one for your maiden posting, kan?

    We have some things in common - #8 and #15!

    Ooooohhh! Daniel Craig....melt, melt, melt!

    And yeah, I also fenin when it comes to computer games and all the PS!

    P/S ; Can I link you, please? (Errr, actually I HAVE linked you. Hope you don't mind. Hehehe!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ms Hart,

    Than you..thank you..mula2 ni banyak benda gak nak tulis ni. I just found out that we could apply for the 1st formers nak masuk rumah mana2..tapi I tak kisah pun..sometimes I like to leave things to chances..

    Shana, yes you can link me....besides Daniel Craig, I suka juga Enrique Iglesias. His voice is so romantic. When I was in confinement with AZ2, I was hooked to that Spanish speaking series yg ada lagu best sangat tu. Tak ingat pula the title

    ReplyDelete
  8. W-E-L-C-O-M-E....don't pick fights naaaaa...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Busybody!!

    Welcome to the blogland. I wouldn't have known your blog address if not for Shana's link. Senyap-senyap aje you ye..

    ReplyDelete